Long story short, we decided God was opening the door for us to move. We put adopting "on hold" until we got into our new house. We were hoping to just find a house to move into; however, that didn't happen either! Instead, we ended up building which took an extra five months!
So, when we were finally able to move into our home, we knew that it was time to start moving on the adoption. The only thing was that I was getting "cold feet"! All of a sudden, I wondered if we were crazy. Seriously!
One day, I just prayed that He would make it really clear that He wanted us to do this. A friend had sent me a Focus on the Family contest entry to win an I-Pod! I was excited to win, so I quickly opened up the e-mail. I had to watch a little clip, look for the Key Word, and then fill in the entry form. So, I'm watching, and there is the key word: ADOPTION! I burst into tears, knowing my sweet Father had just given me what I needed. The rest is history. Now, it is difficult to imagine ever questioning our call to adopt. But, I guess I just needed a little push. :)




3 comments:
I am amazed at the key word! but why should I even be?! Our God is a huge, amazing, fantastic God who loves us so much that he will do whatever it takes to get our attention! What a special part of your story!
Wow. It doesn't seem like it's been a year! That's an encouraging thought - time does go quickly!
Wow, it has gone soooo fast and already some amazing memories! Just imagine the ones yet to be made!
Post a Comment