We received one updated picture on a PDF file the other day; however, I cannot figure out how to copy the picture. Somehow, the computer converted it into the sketch above! I think it is very cool, but I also wanted to get the real thing on here! I'll keep working on it. For now, I wanted to let you all know on what we are waiting. Next Tuesday, Sept. 7, our paperwork will be submitted to the U.S. Embassy along with 18 other cases. (There are 19 kids from our agency waiting to come home!) The U.S. Embassy will then review the cases. We are all hoping that they review some in time for 10 families to be able to travel by the first embassy appointment available.
The embassy grants each agency 10 appointments every other week; our agency has appointments every other Tuesday. Therefore, the next appointments would be September 21. We would absolutely LOVE to get this date, and we are praying we get to go; however, we have been told it is probably more realistic to expect Oct. 5 or 19. Either way, the time to bring Isaiah home is getting closer and closer!!!!!
The wait is almost over. . .



9 comments:
yay! I'm so excited for you guys to bring him home!! praying it's soon!
Oh Julie, we're excited with you!!!
I'm going crazy! BTW, you should be getting a package with some shower gifts soon...!
Praying. Praying. Praying.
The anticipation is killing me! I sure hope we meet each other face to face in Ethiopia to bring our boys home! We will be at the Ethiopian Guest House this trip. We will know in the next couple weeks. Yahoo!!
I think the picture is cool too! It's like you already have a sketch of him. He's so adorable! Do you think he could one day have a girlfriend in North Carolina?? I know it's far away, but they would have such a story to tell at the rehearsal dinner. :) Praying for you tomorrow....
I hope you hear something today.
Can't believe you guys are getting so close...waiting for the wonderful news.
I came here via Lesli's blog...I've been lurking for a little while. I just wanted to tell you that when you're blog came up I -thought-I saw "Why are YOU Waiting?" you inspire me to really seek God concerning adoption! I think it's time to ask "Why am I waiting?" Thank you for your Christ centered heart.
Post a Comment