Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Update:

I just talked to Chris and today was a long but pretty good day! They had the opportunity to leave earlier, but chose to keep the time there in order to spend some time loving on some friends' babies and to visit with Levi from Drawn from Water.

The first trip to love on some babies, Chris was able to stay with Isaiah. It seems Isaiah has some pretty impressive tantrums! It seems that he is fine during the day when he is busy and entertained, but when it's time for bed, it begins. The unfamiliarity shakes his certainty and then it seems that the fear and sadness come out as well. I think this is pretty normal, as I remember hearing about similar circumstances with my other nephew when he first came home from China.
Chris was able to visit with Levi and encourage him! Keep praying for that incredible ministry as God is using them to bring light into very dark communities.

They are ready and excited to come home! They will leave Ethiopia tomorrow night to begin their journey and so far, we still anticipate them to arrive in Wichita at 5:30 PM Friday! Come and celebrate at the airport with us as we welcome them all home!

1 comment:

A&W said...

oh. my. goodness!! hey friend, been so busy here lately, but what an update!! chris is there... with your baby boy!!!! Wow, get ready!!! Such an exciting time!! Oh, how I wish I could be there in Wichita to see you meet your baby boy, and to witness your family grow by the miracle of adoption, but since I can't, I cannot wait to see pics!! Congrats!!!