Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Temporary Scare Leads to Heart Pounding

So, I had assumed that our paperwork would be delivered to the U.S. Embassy yesterday as promised. Today, we learned that only 12 of the 19 cases were delivered because the Embassy would not allow all 19. They took the top 12 and made CWA take the rest back to our agency, waiting until the next appointment in TWO WEEKS to be returned. For about three long minutes, I wondered in which pile of paperwork our case rested. My heart was a-pounding!

Fortunately, Patricia is quick at returning e-mails, and she quickly let us know we had been "delivered". Whew! (Although, I am so sad for the seven who have to wait another two weeks just to be delivered.) So, my heart started to settle down. . . until I realized it is still a real possibility we may get the September 21 date. That would mean we would leave in just over a week. My heart started to pound again!

I can't wait to get a phone call. We should be traveling in the next three weeks for sure! I need to get moving!

T-Shirt Update: Thank you to everyone who supported our fundraising efforts by purchasing a t-shirt! We did order a few extras, so if you still want one, just let me know. I can check to see if we have your size! Here is my friend, Karen, showing her support!

10 comments:

April D said...

YEAH! This is so great! Congrats.
Hey, if you've found any good airline deals for purchasing tix, please let me know. I know Delta does an international adoption airfare deal. But beyond that, I'd love to learn. :)

Anonymous said...

Anticipating the day that you have Isaiah in your arms everyday!! What a blessing!! Can't wait, and so thankful that God has given you the gift of traveling in the first group. Oh, so excited for you and just imagining the joy in your heart that your wait is drawing near!! Love, B

Meli n Pat said...

I just lined up our side of things, so we are all ready for the september date! Love you!

Barbra said...

My sister and I were just wondering how close you guys were to going to pick up your little one. Sounds like close!!!
YAY!!!

Pamela Fruechting said...

Pretty exciting stuff! We are praying....! Praise the Lord for His goodness.

If you have a LG t-shirt, I'll buy it.

TheHappyNeills said...

wow, so exciting!!!!

Jeremy said...

wow! how very cool! I can't wait until you get "the call" either! yee-haw! finally the moment is drawing near.... :) kim

Tobi Wright said...

Julie, I met with Melanie today and saw Isaiah's cute picture again! Sooo cute, just like your other 3. I also picked up a Tshirt. Let me know if there is any way I can be of help in the next few weeks.

Stephani said...

Can't believe it's almost time! Yay God!

Tiffany said...

Wow...anytime now! Whew...what wonderful news!