Saturday, May 8, 2010

What comes next?

This week has been full of lots of little celebrations! Here, we got to go for ice cream with Uncle Brian. It has definitely been a fun week. Thanks to all who have joined us through e-mail, phone calls and other contacts. :)

We were able to get his medical information evaluated, allowing us to send in our acceptance form for the referral!


Many have asked what is next. When do we get to go get our little guy? The short answer is we don't know. Best case scenario: in four months. Worst case: a lot later! Right now we are praying for a court date before August. Ethiopian courts close from August-September for their rainy season. Therefore, we would have to wait until October for our first trip. If we could get a court date before the courts close, we could make our first trip this summer. The second trip would follow about 2 months later. This is what we would obviously choose. You can pray with us that our agency is able to gather the needed paperwork for this to happen.

In the meantime, we are going to continue to celebrate knowing our little guy. Tonight, we will reveal his name at a Referral party! I hope you all can come. For those who can't, I'll try to post again soon!


1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I hope you get a court date soon!!!!
I 'll pray! kim