Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It is Time to Give Thanks!

For the past few months, I have been clinging to God's promises of strength and mercy. Boy, it has been hard. But today, He answered our prayers!

So, "I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Ps. 9:1-2

We got a very special call today. I was eating lunch with my mom in a noisy diner. I got a call and finally realized it was Sue from CWA. Our caseworker is in Ethiopia, so I had never talked to Sue before. She started to tell me about a little boy. . .
I tried to write things down, but it was very hard to hear and focus!

We were all so happy!
You can tell I was a fountain overflowing with joyful tears!

We quickly finished lunch and headed straight to Chris's school to tell him. Luckily, it was his planning period, so I was able to tell him in person! (More happy tears!)

After seeing his sweet, sweet face, I rushed to get Sydney and Jackson out of school so they could see him, too. Jackson was there first, and he was so excited. He had a big grin when I told him we had found out about his brother. When Sydney got there and heard the news, she burst into tears. (Like mother, like daughter!) We rushed back to Chris's room and they got their first look at their future brother.

Yes, it is time to sing praises to you, Jesus!

13 comments:

Sara W said...

Oh how exciting! I am giving thanks and praise with you!
I have so many questions: when was he born and what are you going to name him?
Congratulations!

Kimber said...

What a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Its here! So excited for you! I had been checking for an update about every 5 minutes! Tears of joy for you! Sending up lots of praises & praying for a July travel date! Can't wait to see his sweet face! Enjoy gazing at his pictures :) -b

"He heals the broken-hearted, binding up their wounds. He counts the stars and he calls them all by name. How great He is!" Psalm 147:3-5

Meli n Pat said...

I only wish I could celebrate WITH you! 'Course, I'd be a mess of tears, too! I love you! YAAAAYYYY!

TheHappyNeills said...

Praise be!!!

I already posted this on my blog! :)

SOOOOOOO excited for you guys!!!!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing! We are so excited for you and crying with you!

Meli n Pat said...

Is it weird that I keep watching these over and over?!

Les said...

How wonderful to have this on video!! That's a treasure he'll have one day to see your response to him!

A&W said...

oh my goodness!!! crying tears of joy for you and your precious family!! the videos and pics of your fam are beyond precious, and I cannot wait to see you with your 4 beautiful kids!!! oh, I am just excited for y'all!!! Celebrating with you in Texas!!

Unknown said...

Stephen and I so excited for you guys!!!! I love when Regan says is he ours. So sweet.

Julie and Matt said...

Thanks for sharing your very, very special day! Blessing for me too!

Stephanie Betts said...

I can not stop crying......I am so happy for you! Praise you Jesus! I will pray for your family as you move forward in faith. I can not wait for more updates.

cwalt said...

Sure wish we could be at the referral party! Can't wait to hear more details! So excited for you guys! Thank you, Jesus!