Friday, May 29, 2009

God's Promises


We had a rain cloud dump some rain on us the other night. It produced that real "rain smell" which I love. Having grown up in Western Kansas, I quickly came to appreciate that smell because the rain often came at a much-needed time! After the rain came, this beautiful rainbow stretched across our sky. We were reminded about how God makes promises and reminds of of these every once in a while. I'm so glad God is so personal and present in our lives.

Speaking of His work, our dossier is traveling to the Ethiopian Embassy today and will be finished Monday! At that point, it will travel back to CWA where they will double-check everything. We should be on the waiting list at that point. Exciting!

4 comments:

Eryn said...

Congrats on being SO close!!

We were just added to Gladney's waitlist on Wednesday morning, it was a GREAT feeling to know it's official. NOW we're officially waiting!

Meli n Pat said...

I love that! It is so awesome to see God's blessings. It is so exciting to know you are almost waiting! That sounds funny.
Love you!

TheHappyNeills said...

yay, what a big milestone!

i've vowed never to complain about the rain, no matter how inconvenient it is in the "city"...because i know that there are farmers who desperately need it and have prayed for it, like we used to.

by the way--can you make it next friday? just let me know!

JP said...

beautiful, love the rainbow-- a sign of our baby to come...and you recieved the promise he will be coming. soon that photo will have 4 little ones lined up!! Love you-- by the way I have a diff blog-- i can't get on to my old one... Mom