Saturday, May 2, 2009

Garage Sale Success!

This was the week for our garage sale! Boy, this process of adopting has been so good for me. God continues to show how big He is. I am continually challenged to believe Him for big things! This sale proved to be yet another way He has provided abundantly.

First, we filled our garage with many donations from around Kansas. Thank you to everyone who donated items and bake sale goodies. God definitely multiplied your talents.
I also had numerous friends come to help me set up, loan me garage sale supplies, run the garage sale, move tables in and out of the rain, watch my kids, bake more cookies, deliver goodies, etc. Thank you!!! I wish I had pictures of all of you! (Me and Melanie)
Thank you to many of you who were able to come support us by buying our items! This is Stacey Stamps, the visionary who inspired me to do the sale. Thanks, Stacey!
This is Chris's Aunt Paula.
Sydney and Grandpa Dave.
Raegan, and all the kids, enjoyed trying out all the items!
Ella, Sydney's good friend, worked to make friendship bracelets to sell!
Thanks, Danita, for helping Ella as well as baking a lot and organizing the layout of the sale.
We had so much rain; however, it didn't seem to detour the crowds. Thank you, Jesus!
Jackson and Jeanne. Jackson helped us raise money by drawing pictures. You might be able to see his table/sign in the background. Jeanne put her oven to the test by baking tons of goodies! Thank you!!! I think you win the prize.

We started with a couple of boxes of items and finished with $1185. Thank you, everyone, who played a part. Thank you, Jesus, for continuing to provide for this adoption.

4 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What a beautifully organized sale you had--buyers really appreciate that. If I were in Kansas, I would have come!

TheHappyNeills said...

Praise the Lord! I've been wondering all weekend how it went!

Linda said...

Hi, Julie!

I hadn't looked at your blog for awhile until now. Neat stuff! I'm really impressed with y'all's distance running abilities! WOW!

Now, then, about Lesli's birthday cake......not near enough candles, I was there!

WE LOVED seeing Joshua's feet all muddy!! Gotta love the boy thing!

God bless!

Meli n Pat said...

Yay! So happy you were blessed so much. God is getting that little boy ready, too.