So, that enabled us to gather all of our documents for our dossier. (I took a picture of all of these papers spread out over our table. Yes, they covered the entire table! But, then I thought twice about posting the picture. Who knows who might be able to use their technology to get all of our information. So, you'll just have to imagine our kitchen table covered with about thirty different documents.)

Here I am at Kinkos getting ready to send this package to a courier in Washington D.C. who will hand-deliver each document to the appropriate places, ending with the Ethiopian Embassy! The courier said it will take them 48 hours, and then they will send the dossier back to CWA, our agency in North Carolina.
At that point, we will pay our last big fees ($11,000) and then they will send it all to Ethiopia! Our case worker told us that it is about three months referral time right now; our eyes are focused on September!!!
I know. . . way too many exclamation points. I'm just excited.
Then, today we received our appointments to get our FBI fingerprints. So, we'll be making that trek in the next month or whenever Chris has time on a Wednesday between 8:30 and 3:30!
Alright, that is the big update now. Please be praying that the process continues to flow smoothly. We are also already praying that we would make it through court the first time. There are often many delays at this stage in the game, so we thought we better start praying now.



7 comments:
Yea! What an exciting time! We are so happy for you!! Thanks for keeping us informed on all of the processes. We will be keeping you in our prayers and look forward to hearing any updates. :) -Brenda
yay! i took a pics of paperwork as we went, but made the pics blurry on purpose :)
WAHOO! I'm making that "I'm so excited!" face where all the ligaments are showing in my neck while I'm smiling!!
YEA!!! Is there such a thing as too many explanations? NO WAY! !!!!!!!!!! Praying with out ceasing. Love you all.
Wow, 3 months? I'm jealous. You must not be waiting for an infant, like us. Our wait is expected to be about 8 months...
Congrats on your Dossier being off! It feels good, doesn't it? I will be following yourjourney!
so happy to have found your site! my family is adopting from ethiopia as well, and i have two sons that seem to be around the ages of your children. what agency are you using? feel free to jump over to my site- so fun to find a fellow believer who is on the same path to ethiopia! :-)
congrats on finishing the dossier! ours is ALMOST there!
Crying!! (Happy tears as Hud calls them) So excited for you guys!!
Love you tons!
Les
Post a Comment