Thursday, July 15, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza!

Both Sydney and Raegan have celebrated their birthdays this week.

Yesterday was Sydney's 10th birthday. We actually started celebrating last weekend by getting her ears pierced. We were both a little nervous, but no one passed out, and she has beautiful rubies in her ears to prove it!
Sydney invited 10 girls over to help her celebrate yesterday with a cooking-themed party. (They had to make their own food!) They made their own pizza, salads, fruit kabobs, and dirt desserts.
While the girls cooked, Jackson dressed up in order to properly serve the girls. He is becoming a pro at this! (And, doesn't he look smashing?!)
After all the cooking and eating, the girls were ready to be silly.
We had such a sweet time with them!
In the evening, we celebrated with a yummy birthday steak dinner,
complete with cheese cake! YUMMY!


I am amazed that my firstborn is already 10 years old. Sydney is a sweet, sweet girl. She strives to do her best on everything, and I can already see she has a heart for others. I am so proud of her, and I look forward to seeing her continue to grow in the upcoming years.

Today was Raegan's fifth birthday. Again, I am amazed that she is already five. Raegan is also a sweet, sweet girl. She loves to give hugs and kisses, sometimes on her brother and sister's tummies! Funny, I know. She works hard to keep up with Sydney and Jackson, and she does a pretty good job. The past five years have flown by, but I am so thankful for each day. I am also excited to see Raegan move into the role of "big sister" soon.
Raegan wanted to celebrate at the zoo, so we met a couple of friends for the morning.
We had a fun time eating donuts, looking at the animals, and playing in between.
We finished the day with a yummy macaroni and cheese supper, complete with cherry pie! (Thank you Roger and Sara for the cherries! We picked them from their tree, and they made a yummy pie!)

We actually have family coming over on Saturday, so the extravaganza continues. . . :)

2 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

5 years ago today I was so thankful we hadn't moved to Alaska yet! I remember holding that sweet baby and just relishing every moment. 10 years ago I had just rushed in from NE and fell in love with that tiny baby. Turned my whole world around. I just love your kids!

A&W said...

happy b-days to your beautiful girls!!!