Wednesday, July 7, 2010

1st Court Tonight!

Please pray with us today. Tonight when we are sleeping, a judge in Ethiopia will review our case for the first time. In the "olden days", before the two trips were mandated, this would make Isaiah officially ours, and we would travel to go get him shortly after. Now that Chris and I have to also appear before a judge, this is like Step 1. Then, our court date on Aug. 3 will be Step 2.

Fifty percent of families do not pass the first time at court. This is either because the birth family is unable to appear or because some of the paperwork is missing, usually due to power outages or other uncontrollable issues. If we do not pass, we are not sure how this could affect our trip in a few weeks.

So, it would just be fabulous if we could pass the first time. Please pray that God would orchestrate everything. It seems like we are so close, and after holding an Ethiopian baby, my heart is ready for Isaiah!

8 comments:

Kimber said...

I woke up this morning and before I even rolled out of bed thought of you and prayed for your court date. I will be on my knees for your family tonight.

Laura said...

I've been praying for you yesterday and today! -Laura M.

Meli n Pat said...

Praying Hard!

Unknown said...

Praying for you guys!

Tiffany said...

Will be praying tonight...you all are so close...can't believe it is finally here!

JP said...

prayers all day as all involved prepare for a moment in time that will affect so many. Only God can bring all into union for the results... He is sovereign.

Anonymous said...

Praying that all goes perfect tonight!! I loved the "after holding an Ethiopian baby, my heart is ready for Isaiah" !! Isn't it so true!!! I don't even know who my baby(s) are and after meeting Jude for the first time it changed everything! Call me as soon as you know!! Love ya!
-Brenda

Brianne said...

It's 7:30am in Ethiopia. I'm praying now! :) Can't wait to hear tomorrow!!