Thursday, March 11, 2010

More Stretching--Yikes!

Yesterday, we received news that we will have to add an additional trip to Ethiopia to our plans. The Ethiopian government has been considering this, and they put it into effect yesterday. Basically, all prospective parents will have to travel to Ethiopia for the court date. Then, because Embassy dates are assigned two months later, parents will have to return then to pick up their children.

In our fragile state, we were initially a little bit panicked. Plane tickets to Ethiopia are expensive, so this surprise cost was a little bit overwhelming. Then, God reminded us that this is not a surprise to Him. He has provided above and beyond so far, and we know that He will continue to provide for us. There is really no reason to worry. So, we are trying to see the positives of this additional trip:
1. We get to go to Africa two times in about two months!
2. We will have some time to do some "sight-seeing" and take in the Ethiopian culture without having to juggle a little boy.
3. We will get to trust God even more than expected.

Please continue to pray for our hearts. As time passes by without a referral and new developments threaten to shake us, we want to remain faithful as we wait for God's timing in all of this.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

I am very uncomfortable in developing countries. I actually have never travelled to one other than Mexico and I struggled through it. I guess God wants to develop my character through this. You are right. It will be good to go to Ethiopia twice. I have the feeling I will fall in love with the country of Ethiopia.

Unknown said...

Praying!

Sara W said...

Your family has been on my mind alot lately. I guess I know why - I will continue to pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Great perspective! It's been great to talk through and processing the changes with you, Thanks! Oh, and the family I know is getting back from Ethiopia with their child on Thursday! Wanna go to the airport with me to welcome them home? -b