Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Big 40

On November 9, Chris had a big birthday! Unfortunately, he and I were both recovering from the stomach flu, so our celebration was not quite what we had imagined. But, we are back to normal, and I am finally getting it posted! We had a great time watching him figure out the scavenger hunt the kids made.
It led him to a certain item in our basement that will allow him to watch sports events without squinting any more. (Or was that me who was squinting?!) Then we celebrated with peach pie on our "sick day". . .It was yummy!
. . .and then with chocolate cake the day after when others felt safe to come around! Look at all of those candles!And the smoke! I am so proud of my hubby. He has grown into a courageous man who leads our family well. Happy birthday, Chris!

1 comment:

Meli n Pat said...

You know, he looks pretty good for that age! (actually, men seem to age into much better looking selves!) Glad you had a good time!