Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hammering Away

Well, the birth certificate is in, and the certificate of adoption was signed by the orphanage director. (I had thought the birth certificate needed to be signed, but I was mistaken.) So, I thought we were good to go. Wrong. There is still one more thing that needs to be added to our paperwork in order for it to be submitted to court: a picture of the birth parent.

It really feels like we are in this crazy carnival game, similar to the one where we have to hit the groundhogs with the really big hammer. Every time we "hit" one, two more pop up! We are getting weary of hearing, "One more thing. . ." We are just ready to get to the end.

Please pray with us:
1. That the orphanage would be able to get this picture quickly.
2. That we would still be able to get a court date before they close in August.
3. That we would be able to know the balance between waiting in anticipation and trusting God's timing.

4 comments:

Laura said...

we'll be praying! Take heart

TheHappyNeills said...

praying!!!

Les said...

What an appropriate analogy!!
Do not become weary in doing good for at the PROPER time you will reap a (an adorable) harvest if you do not give up!! Gal. 6:9
love you!!

Heidi said...

I love the clock over there! You can imagine your cutie sleeping right now!!!!!