We are officially in the first batch of families who will travel twice to Ethiopia. Our first court date (which we will not attend) is July 8. This is when the birth family will testify and documents will be reviewed by the judge. This is the "regular" court date which has always happened. Then, we will travel at the end of July in order to get there for a second court date on August 3! We will first spend time with Isaiah; then we will go to court and testify that we want him to be our son. Wow. I cannot wait for that moment.
The tough part of all of this is that we will then have to leave Isaiah there for a few weeks (4-8 weeks) until we can get an embassy date. At that point, we will return to Ethiopia in order to get Isaiah, go to our embassy date, and come home!
Yeah! I can hardly stop shaking! I am so excited that we actually have a date. I am so thankful for everyone who has been praying with us. Thank you!!! God has really kept us full of His peace these past few weeks as we've waited. Please continue to pray that we pass our first court date in July.

Hooray for now! We had to toast to the good news!



4 comments:
happy tears!
WE GOT A COURT DATE!
SOOO excited!! :)
so happy for you all! :) oh, and you might want to check out our blog for some good news :)
Post a Comment