Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Special Gift


This Christmas, I received a very special gift. I'm not sure I've ever gotten such a sweet gift from my hubby. He commissioned my brother-in-law to create a piece of metal art to symbolize our son's birthplace. In a way, this symbolizes so much more than just that, though.
When I see this shape, I am reminded of how much we've been impacted this year. I feel like God has used this process to open our eyes to what really matters in life. We aren't completely sure how this will continue to play out in our family, but we are excited to see God continue to guide us.

Another gift that is connected with this is that Pat continued to make other pieces of art. My sis and her talented husband sold them in order to help us raise funds to travel to get our son. So many of you placed orders, and we are so touched. Thank you to everyone who contributed. Thank you, Pat and Melissa, for joining us in this. If anyone else wants to order any of these amazing pieces, they are still raising funds for other orphan projects. I highly suggest it. The pieces are beautiful!

I can't wait to get this piece of Africa up on my wall for good.

3 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

So fun! It was such an honor to be able to help, and when we see those shapes, we also remember where God has moved in our lives. Oh, and I LOVE the Christmas photos! I can't believe how grown up Sydney is becoming. Wasn't she just born?!

Eryn said...

That is sooo cool! I love it!

Linda said...

So very cool, aye? It's bigger than I thought it would be. A free standing one about 10 inches high with a light behind it would make a cool lamp...maybe with a leopard skin lampshade or something.....