Thursday, December 24, 2009

13 Years!

Next week, Chris and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. Since it is in the middle of Christmas festivities, we usually try to celebrate before. This year, it worked out to go to Kansas City for three days! (Thank you, Mom, for watching our kiddos!) We wanted to finish up our Christmas shopping, so we did that the first day. That night, we tried to go to an Ethiopian restaurant; unfortunately, after driving around for about 30 minutes, we realized it was no longer open. So, we had to "settle" for the Cheesecake Factory. Yum!!! I can't say how much I LOVE cheesecake. It just makes me happy!Here, we are just outside of the Cheesecake factory.

The next day, we did more shopping and ate lunch at another Ethiopian restaurant. It was so fun to experience a little bit of Ethiopian culture. We have to admit that the food wasn't our favorite. After all, we are just simple folk who love simple food. But, we will work on developing those tastes. But, we loved being able to see some Ethiopian kids and think about some day bringing our son back to this restaurant.
Then, it was off to Lawrence for the KU basketball game vs. California.
It was a great game to watch, and they won 84-69. Fun!

We are thankful we were able to get away. These trips away help us rejuvenate and make us better parents to our kiddos!

4 comments:

Melaney said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you enjoyed the KU game. It was a great game! Just found out earlier today that Matthew and I got some tickets to go to the Belmont game on Tuesday. I'm pumped!

Meli n Pat said...

Yay! How fun! I'm glad you got to experience the restaurant, even if it's not your fave! I can't wait to try it! I wonder if Anchorage has one... Congratulations on 13 years! Love you!

Stephanie Betts said...

Happy Anniversary! Praying for you guys, and so excited about your journey. Hope the wait is short, and you're 4th precious child will be with you soon!

A&W said...

How are you, Julie?!?!? Any updates? Praying for your journey!!! Hugs to you as you wait!